The winners of a GB publicity poster and a GB drawing competition, both part of a resource produced for children/young people to express the positive impact GB has had/is having on their lives, have just been selected.
In May 2018 we launched the free flexible resource, called Spotlight, to shine a light on just 4 of the areas in which GB is making a difference in young peoples’ lives. These are:
• Developing in character
• Making friends and socialising
• Growing in faith
• Developing new skills and exploring new opportunities.
The resource for the n:vestigate and n:gage age groups asked for a picture of what they think God looks like. The resource for the n:counta and n:spire age groups asked for a publicity poster based on the new skills they'd learnt in GB in the past year.
The entries were judged by several of the GB staff team, who selected the following winners:
• n:vestigate and n:gage age group - Ruby, aged 4, from 3rd Sutton
• n:counta and n:spire age group - Gracie, aged 12, from 12th Hull.
The winner's GB groups each get a digital cameras for use at GB and the winning entries can be seen below and above.
Thanks to all who entered from the following groups:
• n:vestigate and n:gage age group - 2nd Barnsley, 1st Burton Latimer, 1st Chapel-en-le-Frith, 1st East Peckham, 1st Forest Hill, 3rd Hayes, 1st Hooe, 12th Hull, 1st Kenton, 4th Nottingham, 2nd Plymouth, 6th Plymouth, 1st Swallownest, 3rd Sutton, and 1st Wellington.
• n:counta and n:spire age group - 2nd Barnsley, 1st Forest Hill, 3rd Hayes, 12th Hull, 2nd Plymouth, and 1st Swallownest.
The GB staff team is currently analysing the results of the resource.
Girls’ Brigade Ministries recently hosted the first ever Build Hope breakfast for local church leaders in the Fisherman’s Chapel in Leigh-on-Sea, Southend.
This year, Girls’ Brigade England & Wales has become an official partner with UK Parliament Week, which means we’re producing our own special UK Parliament Week booklet and badge.
This week (1-7 June 2019) we've been celebrating Volunteers' Week 2019 by giving thanks for our volunteers and all that they do week in and week out for the children and young people in their GB group(s).