The winners of a GB journal and a GB picture competition, both part of a resource produced for children/young people to express the positive impact GB has had/is having on their lives, have just been selected.
In March 2017 we launched the free flexible resource, called Spotlight, to shine a light on just 4 of the areas in which GB is making a difference in young peoples’ lives. These are:
• Developing in character
• Making friends and socialising
• Growing in faith
• Developing new skills and exploring new opportunities.
The resource for the n:vestigate and n:gage age groups asked for a picture of the GB members' self-portraits. The resource for the n:counta and n:spire age groups asked for a page design for a spritual journal.
The entries were judged by GB's Vice President Dawn Webster and she's selected the following winners:
• n:vestigate and n:gage age group - 14th Stoke on Trent
• n:counta and n:spire age group - Alyssa from 4th Nottingham.
These winners each get £40 to spend on products from GB Trading, and their winning entries can be seen below.
The other entries will be shared via GB's social media over the following weeks. Thanks to all who entered:
• n:vestigate and n:gage age group - 1st Andover, 1st Anston, 1st East Peckham, 12th Hull (pictured above taking part in one of the Spotlight activities), 1st Kexborough, 1st Plympton, 1st Swinton, 1st Wootton, 3rd Sutton, 4th Nottingham, and 14th Stoke on Trent.
• n:counta and n:spire age group - 2nd Bedford, 12th Hull, 4th Nottingham, 2nd Plymouth, and 3rd Sutton.
The GB staff team is currently analysing the results of the resource and will soon start preparing a Spotlight 2018 - so keep an eye out for details next year!
Plymouth District bounced straight into 2018 with their Celebrate Hope fun day.Read more
4th Leigh on Sea GB group members served hundreds of pancakes to help raise £335 for Christians Against Poverty (CAP).Read more
The members of 1st Uxbridge supported a local homeless charity in 2017 and have plans to support another good cause in 2018.Read more